Thursday 15 August 2013

Where has my mind gone and will it ever come back?



This pregnancy is messing with my head. I used to have a sharp memory, I never had to write lists for myself and there was always reasoned method to any perceived madness.

However, my brain has been replaced with mush; I started to forget everything very quickly into my pregnancy.

I started making lists for myself, everything I could think of that needed doing was written down neatly in bullet form, which would have been fine…if I actually remembered to look at the lists!  My mush pile is also making me do very stoopid things. Highlights have included:-
  • Searching through my bag for my phone with my right hand when said phone was in my left hand…
  • Standing in front of my fridge for 5 minutes trying to decide how I could fit the toaster in there. Still not sure why I wanted to put it in there…
  • Being on a train, half way to London, when I realised I should be at hospital having a blood test
  • Being on a train, after having a blood test, but then needing to discreetly put my gloves on my feet to try and warm my toes up after leaving in the house in pumps, in 0oC weather. 



As much as my work colleagues claim to miss me, I actually believe they are very glad to have my temporary replacement in instead.  At last, someone that can function as a human being…!

No comments:

Post a Comment