Wednesday 14 August 2013

The birthing playlist




So I’m sitting here trying to think of the things that I haven’t done to prepare for the birth.  I know I’m not going to be one of those women for whom the birth is a quick experience (unlike my future mother in law who had Terry’s brother within an hour of being induced!).  My thoughts have turned to a music playlist.  Here’s where I’m hoping my iPod holds out long enough, it’s been showing signs of dying for the past couple of weeks, the battery seems to drain after an hour or so….

I’ve been trying to decide what sort of playlist I should have.  Relaxing?  Uplifting and feel good? Funny and inappropriate? Headbanging? Indecisive as ever, I’ve gone for a combination of the lot:

  • Athlete – Tourist
  • Beastie Boys – Fight For Your Right
  • Black Eyed Peas – I Gotta Feeling
  • Blur – Tender A surprisingly appropriate song, mostly
  • Boo Radleys – Wake Up Boo!
  • Bruno Mars – Treasure
  • Cary Brothers – Blue Eyes
  • Chris Brown – Forever Don’t judge me too much, I like the song
  • Colin Hay – Beautiful World
  • Colin Hay – Waiting For My Real Life To Begin
  • Corinne Bailey-Rae – Like a Star
  • Earth, Wind & Fire – September If some people get their wish and little man decides to be a few days late
  • Feeder – Just A Day Just a day? Here’s hoping…
  • Guns & Roses – Sweet Child O’Mine
  • Labrinth – Beneath Your Beautiful
  • LMFAO – Sexy And I Know It  Cos I feel so damn sexy now, I’m bound to feel the same way during labour, right?
  • Luther Vandross & Janet Jackson – The Best Things In Life Are Free
  • Maroon 5 – Moves Like Jagger
  • Muse – Knights of Cydonia
  • Noisettes – Don’t Upset The Rhythm (Go Baby Go)
  • Orson – No Tomorrow One of our favourite songs, it’s very rare for Terry and I to like the same music
  • Pato Banton – Baby Come Back
  • R Kelly – Happy People
  • Radical Face – Welcome Home
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers – Universally Speaking
  • Salt N Pepa – Push It Predictable maybe, but meh!
  • Sir Mix-A-Lot – Baby Got Back
  • The Foundations – Build Me Up Butterup
  • The Fratellis – Baby Fratelli Another rare mutual like for Terry and I
  • Young MC – Bust a Move

 
Songs that are not welcome on my playlist:

  • Justin Bieber – Baby 
  • Erm…that’s it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment